cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow download and upload speed

shaaaaaake
Hooked

Slow download and upload speed

For at least the last few weeks my download speed has been between 23-33Mb (estimated 42-61, guaranteed 37) and upload speed has been around 8Mb (estimated 9-14).  I have Unlimited Fibre Extra.  Can someone please rectify this so I can get the speeds I'm paying for.

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Slow download and upload speed

@shaaaaaake As a start:

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub would be a good starting point.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow download and upload speed

Hi there @shaaaaaake

I've just been taking a look into this for you, line tests are reflecting the slow speeds you mentioned but don't show us any obvious causes for the issue.

Can you try following the checks @jab1 recommended next? Please let us know how you get on. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team