cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow down to some sites - but good pings and speedtest

mwarby
Grafter

Slow down to some sites - but good pings and speedtest

Noticed quite a slowdown in last few dates on ebay and digitalspy forums (doubtless others aswell, but can't recall)
I get decent pings even wile streaming tv via now tv box
bbc
10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9012ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 15.776/22.929/43.154/8.506 ms
I get full speed on adslguide speedtest (getting 5/0.65, while streaming, at about 2MB, on a 7995/1319 sync).
Is this just me ? or are others seeing this, with good ping and speedtest results I'm at a loss as o why some sites feel so slow
4 REPLIES 4
mwarby
Grafter

Re: Slow down to some sites - but good pings and speedtest

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We've not noticed anything, but I'd like to see the full traceroutes and pings. Could you raise a ticket with them on for me please (contactus.plus.net)?
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mwarby
Grafter

The problem is knowing what to ping, eg forums.digitalspy.co.uk is OK, but I think one of the page elements isn't, but there’s a few of them.
At the moment I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I would report this(if I could find a host with nice high ping and packet loss, traceroutes showing the packet loss at a plusnet router, nice and easy. Nearperfect pings to plusnet,google and bbc tell very little). I'm not even clear if it's a network issue, or the site itself or even my browser
I've run a speed test (http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/269838721.png) and also a cloud speed test, the cloud speed tests shows quite a bit of variation regarding download speeds and deviations of 20-50% are quite common (ie speed fluctuation during test of one cloud server). I've attached the results (no other significant traffic, other devices just idling, eg push email etc)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I think initially we just need to see the examples so that we can offer a bit more detailed advice. I would have suggested you try an alternative browser, the pings being the way they are this isn't likely to make any sense.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team