cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection

johpal
Grafter

Slow connection

I suppose it had to happen! 3 months rock-solid connection with PN, now a return of the problems I used to have with BT.  Sad
Returning home this evening, here are my router stats. and BT Speed test results:
Mode: G.DMT 
Type: Interleave 
Line Coding: Trellis On 

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps):            1856            448 

SNR Margin (dB):      16.7              20.0 
Attenuation (dB):      57.0            30.5 
Output Power (dBm): 12.2            17.4 
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 1600 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 91 kbps
I've done the filter swapping, router power cycling, quiet line test, etc. Does anybody have any further suggestions please?
3 REPLIES 3
MickKi
Grafter

Re: Slow connection

Over here there were thunderstorms in the last 24 hours.  I promptly switched off my router because I know that lightnings often cause repeated loss of sync and consequently a low IP profile.
The sync speed you show is considerably higher than your IP profile.  Therefore it shouldn't take long (a few hours?) before it increases again.  Your SNRM looks high - what value is it usually?  As long as you keep sync'ing at high speeds it may drop on its own in a few weeks, otherwise it would be a matter of raising a ticket with PN for them to place a call with BT to lower it at the exchange.
johpal
Grafter

Thanks MickKi. I can report this morning that my download speed is in excess of 1.4 Mb/s - impressive for my line!  Wink
MickKi
Grafter

You must now have an IP profile of 1500, which means that your sync speed is more like shown in your router stats, rather than the BT speedtest.  A new speedtest should show that.
Glad it worked out alright.  Smiley