cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection since Friday night

gattino

Slow connection since Friday night

I'm aware others have started similar threads, but I reported the fault two days ago and can find no record on the site, in my email inbox, or by text of my problem being logged or updated. So, just in case will repeat the issue here... The internet in the general sense remains accessible on my computer and via wifi on my mobile phone. There have been no changes in the set up of the equipment in any part of the house. But Since Friday evening I've found that all video is constantly buffering, there's a delay in opening new webpages, and the NOW TV service has been unusable as programs will either stop every few seconds or are incredibly low visual quality. In short there's a speed issue. The internet and wifi lights on the router flicker (as opposed to flash) constantly. There is NO problem with the regular telephone line that I can detect. The online service updates reference maintenance work around this time, but not in my area or for the length of time covered. I've been through the troubleshooting process to no avail and left a report, but as I say can find no record of it on or offline to check for updates.
1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow connection since Friday night

The line test is showing that your line is very very poor at the moment:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 34.2 60.0
SNR Margin: 5.6 4.1
Errored Seconds: 0 236
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 1704 11577
Speed: 752 3512

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2848 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2278
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 200 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 13
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 0

The target SNR is too low to handle that many errors, so I've put a request to increase that slightly and try and help combat them. Let us know how that goes after a few hours and we can take another look then.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.