Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connecting to wifi on wake - chromebook

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Slow connecting to wifi on wake - chromebook

This might be an issue with my Acer Chromebook, but every time it wakes from sleep it takes a while to connect to my Plusnet wifi. I noticed that all other wifi networks in vicinity are immediately visible (most of them Virgin), but for some reason it takes several scans for it to locate and connect to my wifi. I wonder why that is? My wifi signal is strong or medium at least. I have "keep wifi on during sleep" enabled. I think I also changed wifi channels recently and didn't notice any difference.

P.

4 REPLIES 4
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Slow connecting to wifi on wake - chromebook

Hey @pkw,

Thanks for getting in touch here.

Does this occur with any other devices/laptops/netbooks? It more than likely sounds like a chrome-book issue as just a google brings up quite a few results in relation to the issue with the WiFi not loading straight away.

Thanks.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Mads , this is likely Chromebook issue as I haven't noticed anything like this on other devices.

There is however something else that I can't find a solution to. On my phone, I have Whatsapp backups set to daily and upload to Google Drive. For some reason, it doesn't work when connected to wifi and I see the message "Backup paused - waiting for internet". When I switch to mobile data, it works fine. I have the correct settings in Whatsapp and no battery optimisation etc. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's unusual, have you tried setting a different frequency on the back ups or disabling then re-enabling them?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pkw
Aspiring Pro

I have tried disabling and re-enabling and also re-authenticating with Google Drive. Will try different frequency and see if it happens.

I have another app (SMS Backup & Restore) for texts backup and it also uploads daily to Drive and works fine. So seems to be Whatsapp issue. Maybe it's device specific. I'll try to get some answers on Motorola (that is, Lenovo) forums.