cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow conection speeds

Twigster

Slow conection speeds

Have been having this trouble on my account for the last few weeks now, were I started off at about 4000mb/s download speeds I now average less than 250kb/s.
I have checked my router setup, my phone lines and everything else that I can think of and still get poor results, not good when I am trying to use my connection for gaming!!
Any suggestions or help that anyone can think of?
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: Slow conection speeds

Hi there,
Unless it's your modem/router or filters being really, really, dodgy, it looks like a problem at the exchange.
Can you please just try using a different filter, connecting into the master socket by a filter and trying a different modem if at all possible?
Let me know how you get on and then I can rerun some tests and see how things look then.
Twigster

Hi James, thanks for the quick reply.
I have tried a different modem, but that made no difference at all. I will, however, try a different filter and see if that makes a diference at all.
James
Grafter

Hi Twigster,
Do you still have that other modem there?  I just want to be able to see if it makes any noticeable change in your synchronisation speed, which appears to be causing the problems.
Twigster

Have just swapped the filter and modem. Download sped is still ow but my upload is now up to 382kb/s.
James
Grafter

Wow!
Massive improvement Cheesy
Downstream Sync is now 8096Kbps, with upstream being 448Kbps.
If you leave things as they are for the next three days, then you should see a considerable improvement in your speeds, hopefully to the region of 6-7Mbps.
Sounds like your old modem may serve out the rest of its days as a paperweight.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
Sounds like your old modem may serve out the rest of its days as a paperweight.

Recycle! Recycle! Recycle!
Find someone you dislike and gift it to them!
B.
(p.s. - I am only joking, obviously ;))
Twigster

Will keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what I can sort out then. The new filter is downstairs as well so it looks like I will have to move my 360 donwstairs as well now until I can sort out either a longer network cable or a new filter to go upstairs!!
Twigster

so much for decent dl speeds, I'm still getting no more than 400kb/s on speed tests despite a decent upload speed.
James
Grafter

Hi Twigster,
Can you try rebooting your router for me?
We're now seeing you as having a 6500Kbps IP Profile, so it should be considerably better now.