cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow browsing speed.

lassey

Slow browsing speed.

Hi, i have plusnet fibre unlimited.
I get a great speed of around 68-75mbit download and 17-25mbit upload and a ping of around 10-15ms.
However when browsing the internet it can be painfully slow, for example just loading www.google.com takes around 16 seconds before anything happens, then it loads in instantly.
Not sure what the issue could be here, im using the Asus RT-N56U router.
Any suggestions on what you think might be the problem or a way to fix this?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Slow browsing speed.

Hi lassey,
Is this happening on more than one device, are you currently using a wired or wireless connection?
AndyBa
Grafter

I know this is an oldish thread, but I’d like to tag along.
I’m getting similar on a month old PN Residential FTTC.
Downloads are good, but browsing suffers from extreme lag on occasions. I’m talking about reputable sites like BBC, Google, Amazon etc.
On occasions I have to do a page refresh to get a page to load, and then when it does finally load, it loads instantly.
My other PN Business ADSL 6 Meg does not suffer from this, and is much faster browsing.
Seems there are others out there who have posted saying similar about Infinity, and my mate who has just moved to TalkTalk FTTC (via Openreach) also has this issue.
But for the time being I’d like to get my PlusNet FTTC sorted, as presently browsing is a disappointment, and when you are last second Ebay bidding a distinct pain!
I’m using all cable, with gigabit switches and NIC’s. Chrome and W7
Regards
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi AndyBa,
Do you get the same problems when connecting directly to the Openreach Modem as shown here http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... ?
I'm thinking that if we can work backwards from the router, it might be easier for us to find what exactly is causing this problem for you.
Please do let us know if we can help any further Smiley