cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband

discodave

Slow broadband

upgraded my account to plusnets 8mb adsl some months ago my router says it connect at 8 mb but its still stuck on 2mb on my connection settings
Any help?
5 REPLIES 5
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Re: Slow broadband

have you run a speedtest on the bt site to see what your IP profile is?
I know your connection settings say 2Mb, but it's what the IP profile says that's important. If your IP profile is showing as 2Mb then raise a ticket with the CSC team, and they should give it a nudge. If you don't have any joy then I'll give the appropriate people a kick for you.

Roger.

discodave

got this from my speedtest
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1812 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Yep.. raise a ticket and ask them to reset your IP profile for you. I think you should see a IP profile of around 6500 on that sync speed.
Roger.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for not picking this up - it appears the ticket was actioned last night shortly after being raised. If you haven't already you'll need to disconnect and reconnect in order to get the new updated profile.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Thanks for the update Matt.. seems the OP hasn't posted back, so one would assume that all is well again...