Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband - updating my IP Profile speed

smizit
Dabbler

Re: Slow broadband - updating my IP Profile speed

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@smizit
How are things going with the new set up?

Hi Adam thanks for asking. Not so good still going around 6mb - Better than 2mb though and certianly better than Virgin's 1mb Fibre!
I spoke to your call centre and felt a bit fobbed off as the guy just said the usual about letting it settle down.
I told him someone had reduced my line max from 11mb but he maintained it was normal and all in the course of checking. I notice it's set to only 7mb max as below.
Phone exchange:
    NORTH EDGWARE
Estimated line speed:
    8Mb (This may vary between 6Mb and 10Mb) - Checked on 2013-05-31 13:55:24
Current line speed:
    7 Mb
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I spoke to your call centre and felt a bit fobbed off as the guy just said the usual about letting it settle down.

Really sorry about that, line diagnostics actually indicate a possible copper line fault so you were right to raise a fault.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
smizit
Dabbler

Just a little follow-up: I am getting about 9-10mb line speed now according to BT's testsite.
I'm really happy about that.
What impressed most, was receiving updates without me even chasing, from various staff members via email, about the problem and different things they were trying. It felt like a small company that cared rather than a faceless corporation.
So I just wanted to come back here and thank everyone that helped including but not limited to OldJim and Adam Walker.
Despite my bad Fibre experience with Virgin I think I will give Plusnet Fibre a go in due course, as I feel somewhat safer and reassured that you guys will really help to sort out my problem if I do have one.

Thanks again!!
smizit
Smiley

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to see that's better for you now.
If you've got any question regarding fibre then just let me know.