cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband, poor customer service

StewBarker

Slow broadband, poor customer service

Currently been in the phone queue for over 30 minutes, still waiting. Chat is unavailable. Just recently got broadband but it’s too slow, getting <20mb on WiFi and <40 wired. Guaranteed minimum is 59. Can I just cancel contract please so I can go back with bt, thanks. Can you provide an email address or some other means of doing this as your phone line and chat are not fit for purpose (like your broadband), thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Slow broadband, poor customer service

Welcome to the forum.

If you've just come from BT and still have a Smarthub 6 then use that on your Plusnet account it's a better router than the Plusnet Hub One, which is a Home Hub 5A with tweeked firmware.. You will find instructions on how to configure it on the Router board. It should at least sort the wireless problem.

For information, if you want to cancel you have 14 days from the day you sign up, not the go live date, unless you are prepared to pay cancellation charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

StewBarker

Thanks, I’ve gone past the 14 days because I’m an idiot but it does say somewhere that if I’m not getting the minimum guaranteed speed I can cancel my contract without cost. I’ll try the bt router first though as if I was getting even 45mb on WiFi that would prob do. Cheers
Rivert

Yes, same for me I’m afraid. Getting less than half the promised wi-fi speeds. Plusnet don’t seem bothered, so will probably cancel. 

Baldrick1

@Rivert

The cancellation without penaties clause only applies if you can't get the minimum guaranteed speed on a wired Ethernet connection, not wireless.

If you have a wireless problem I suggest that you start your own topic on the Router board, describing which router you have plus any other relevant facts.

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

@StewBarker

Before you can cancel you need to give Plusnet the chance to correct the problem. If you put your Smarthub back and it's still slow is there anything different in your property from when you were with BT?

Moderator and Customer

StewBarker

Nothing’s changed that’s the weird thing I would’ve expected it to be the same, in fact it should be faster. It’s not just the speed though it’s constabtly dropping and videos buffering etc. I’ll try the bt router when I’m back home and if that doesn’t sort it I’ll try to call them again.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @StewBarker,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slower than expected speeds. If you've already been through our Troubleshooting Guides, I'd recommend raising this over at https://faults.plus.net

Once you've reported this on your account, please drop us a message back here and we'll get that picked up as soon as possible for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet