cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband on Willowcroft Exchange in Derby?

kingkong69
Dabbler

Re: Slow broadband on Willowcroft Exchange in Derby?

Hi JoJo,Hope you have a nice holiday?I am having a problem with the my broadband connection again,Everything was going well until about 3 weeks ago,My broadband keep disconnecting and i will lose my internet and its keep happening(about 6 to 7 times a day)and now broadband dropped from 1.7mb to about 0.8 / 1mb now,The bt speedtest was IP Profile for your line was - 2000 Kbps but now is only 1250 kps,I am not sure whats happening,Is there a problem with the exchange or is it the router,Can you check for me whats going on?You did a fantastic job last time Sad :(,Many thanks...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI kingkong69,
How is your connection set up? Are you using extension cables/sockets. Can you please connect to the test socket if not already in there?
Thanks,
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,I try using direct from the master socker but no joy,The speed is getting slower and losing all broadband getting even more often,Even the bt speedtest is going into red sometimes,Can you tell me is there a problem with the  willowcroft exchange...?Can you help...? Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkong69,
Do you mean the master socket or the test socket? Also, did you plug it into the master/test socket, see no improvement and move it back? If so you need to leave it in the test socket or you will not see any improvement.
Jojo Smiley
kingkong69
Dabbler

Hi Jo Jo,My speed had gone back between 0.7 to 1 mb,Is not much different from before,Can you work your magic again with BT In Feb?Because after you contacted them the speed went up 1.5 to 2 mb,Many thanks..