I've been working from home for the past two weeks (like most of us) and wifi has been fine until two days ago. Now page load times can be up to 30 seconds, or the connection drops in and out entirely.
Here's some more information and observations
- Router isn't showing any difference in lights (not dropping or changing colour)
- Speed drop is happening across all devices: two iPhones, a PC laptop, and a MacBook
- We haven't tried a hard-wire connection as our laptops do not have ports for that and we can't go out and get an adapter. A direct connection isn't doable anyway for our work-at-home situation. And, as I mentioned, the wifi was fine until a couple of days ago.
- Reset the router by powering off for a minute and powering back on
- Tried channel 1 on the router instead of channel 6
- Ran speed tests on https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/. Download speed comes in anywhere between 0.1 and 5 Mbps.
Happy to try further steps as instructed, and would appreciate any troubleshooting you can do at your end.