cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload Speed

AKalair

Slow Upload Speed

Hi,
My PlusNet broadband was activated around 3 weeks ago and the download speeds are fine at around 10mb/s but my upload speeds have always been low at around 0.3 mb/s and it causes some issues for gaming online on the PS4 / uploading files to Dropbox etc.
I raised an issue with PlusNet who found a fault on the line and had it fixed on Friday 28th November but nothing has changed with respect to my broadband speed.
Any ideas what could be the issue ? I'm plugged into the master socket and have tried a different router and different filters and have no problems with my download speed, just upload.
On speedtest.net I once saw the upload spike to 1.5mb/s for a moment and then swiftly drop back down again.

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Slow Upload Speed

You need to raise a ticket asking for the upload to be uncapped - it may be picked up here tomorrow which may be quicker
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just placed an order to request that your upload speed is uncapped, this should complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ossettbob
Grafter

Can you do mine too ? Mine is 0.31
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Done! Should complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
va

Could I also have mine uncapped? I've only been with PlusNet a number of hours and a bit disturbed to see that uploads are capped. Dropbox upload is more or less non-existent at the moment
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your forum account doesn't link to your account username. For this reason, can you raise a ticket on your account for me and post the ticket number here - i'll then get it sorted for you if I can (by which I mean if you are on 21CN not 20).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team