cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Unlimited Fibre

AnnClapton

Slow Unlimited Fibre

Why is my Unlimited Fibre so SLOW? 9mb Up 33mb Down.

This is not proper fibre speed? Should be more 20mb Up and 60+mb Down

My account says:-

An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.

I have not made any changes?

Any ideas or shall I change provider?
10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Slow Unlimited Fibre

@AnnClapton Ignore the 'Account Change' message for now - we can sort that later.

We need to sort your speed issue first, so:

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

John
AnnClapton

The phone makes an odd 2 tone sound when picked up and lots of crackling on the line.

Why is everything so hard to get fixed.

Troubleshoot by txt??? 8am-7.30pm Huh

AnnClapton

@willcutforth Can you assist please? My speed was much better when I was with talktalk?

Found the 2 tone was 1571 which I didn't know I had BTW

jab1
Legend

@AnnClapton 

If you make a text report after 19.30, it will be picked up after 0800 the next day, although I have heard that the automatic system can sometimes place a repair order outside these times.

FYI, although staff do patrol these forums, it is not on a regular basis, which is why the Community try to help. The forums are not an official support channel.

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Are you on Unlimited or Unlimited Extra?  Your download speed is slightly low for a decent line on Unlimited Fibre. You'd need Unlimited Extra to get 60mb down and anywhere near 20mb up.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@pjmarsh Reading the original post, I suspect the OP is on UFE, with a problem, but I could be wrong.

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Possibly, but thought it worth checking.  As they are comparing speeds to TalkTalk they could be quite new, and those speeds could be Unlimited Fibre depending on how they are being measured and how accurately they are, and since they specifically mentioned Unlimited Fibre (though easy to not know to significance of the difference for someone new around here), I think it's worth making sure that the package they have gives them what they are expecting.  It should be a quick and easy one to rule in or out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @pjmarsh , but I'm going to make a bold statement here - I bet the OP never comes back.

John
AnnClapton

Ran text tests, must be a line fault as engineer booked for 22nd Aug 2023

jab1
Legend

@AnnClapton My apologies - you did come back. 😀

That was my suspicion all along, which i why  suggested those tests.

John