Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Throughput Speeds? Check this exchange list

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Slow Throughput Speeds? Check this exchange list

BT have identified a speed issue on the WBC backhaul network affecting quite a few of the exchanges, full list is available here:
http://www.btwholesale-briefingportal.com/brief/view/4c71680687897e7e351321742b7a3c01
The work to fix them should be completed by Monday evening, so if you're seeing slow speeds, check that list and see if you're exchange is on it, and if it is let us know if you see any improvement from Monday evening please.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
10 REPLIES 10
toulouse
Grafter

Re: Slow Throughput Speeds? Check this exchange list

Thanks Dave,
At last an admission that something is wrong.
I and many others have been saying that since around 24 June.
I shall be away from home from next Monday until Friday, but I will leave my router on and enabled so that hopefully when I get back things may have sorted themselves out.
TTFN

toulouse

pierre_pierre
Grafter

is that list substantive? My exchange is Braintree, not on the list but Brentwood, Chelmsford, Colchester all around me are.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is for the ADSL2 trial customers only as I am sure you realise. The response will be interesting though
pierre_pierre
Grafter

true Jim missed that, trying to eat a knee tea at same time, Brintree is not ADSL2+ till end Sept Embarrassed Roll_eyes
Neondaze
Grafter

At last - maybe some light at the end of the tunnel! My exchange, Upton Park is on the list so hopefully my issues will be resolved soon Smiley
I will keep you posted.
talkcomp
Grafter

What should we be seeing - faster response, disappearance of "pausing" on web pages, changes in sync speed?  Will we need to re-cycle the routers to take effect?
Ealing (my exchange) is on the list.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Sync speed shouldn't change, but once the fix has been done you should see an improvement in slow loading web pages, slow file downloads, anything really where the throughput speed isn't normal. Shouldn't need to reboot the router, but if come tomorrow evening it's still the same I'd try a reboot and see if it makes any difference.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
adamsh
Dabbler

my exchange isnt listed Sad means my speed issues are related to something else.
Neondaze
Grafter

Well 18:00 hrs 17 August went by and I saw no change. If anything my throughput is even worse. Have BT finished the upgrade to capacity in the listed exchanges. As I saw no improvement when I got home I powered down the router and left it off for an hour so that it would resync afresh when it was turned back on. That didn't help with my throughput either. Now currently getting 0.52mb/sec. Not good at all.
lenseman
Grafter

My Exchange (Eastbourne) was on the list, and nothing improved here.
Whatever the problem is it seems pretty widespread, unfortunately it seems either nobody really gives a damn or they are clueless on what to do.
I get the feeling we are being hung out to dry. The strange thing is that despite all the complaints about ADSL2+ people are still signing up for the trial, and once they are on it they join in with the same complaints!
John B.