cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds - awful upload (2nd edition)

ax429

Slow Speeds - awful upload (2nd edition)

Hello,
So I have been with Plusnet for over 6 months now. I have already posted a complaints and I am generally not too happy with the quality of the broadband and its consistency.
I used to have 10M down 0.8M up (which is far worst that what I had with Sky btw) but at least I could live with it.
However I have noticed a significant decrease of my broad band speeds for the last 10 days: 2.9M down, 0.3M up. Which is a problem just for browsing.
I have already rebooted the rooter multiple times but still suffer bad speed.
Why is that? How can you or I fix it?
Alternatively, is it possible to get a refund on the line I have rent for 1 year and paid in advance?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Slow Speeds - awful upload (2nd edition)

Rebooting your router multiple times in a short space of time will definitely not help matters.
Your previous thread on this subject finished with a suggestion that you try to eliminate the possibility of problems with your extension cable by plugging  directly into the test socket.
Did you try that?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Slow Speeds - awful upload (2nd edition)

Your speeds are pretty poor at the moment.
I'd recommend running through our troubleshooter using the link below to rule out any issues with your internal wiring.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team