cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds ( SOLVED )

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Slow Speeds ( SOLVED )

Just read the service status and am aware things will be slow due to the england game? Well i wont watch the game so why should my speeds suffer?
You are currently connected to the "City Lifeline, Juniper 11" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pcl-ag04.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
10 REPLIES 10
neil3045
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds

Same here, my connection has gone from 7 mbps to less than 1 in the last few weeks!!!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

My speeds are usually fine and my line is usually 6.5mb, Yep im synching fine with no disconnections or anything!! Uptime 134hrs and counting....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Steve M,
We can only apologise for the inconvenience as on the service status, as you can appreciate these are exceptional circumstances and we do expect things to settle back down shortly.
Jojo Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Wonder if it would be the same if scotland were playing!!! Thanks for the reply jojo.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

...erm, no comment Wink
James
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
Wonder if it would be the same if scotland were playing!!! Thanks for the reply jojo.

We have the Scottish to thank for high usage when Murray is playing at Wimbledon Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
I see you're in the process of raising a fault, so as you are waiting for that to be investigated you may like to view this link;
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/07/02/broadband-speed-faults-how-to-diagnose/
it's packed full of information and should answer many of your questions about speed issues.
Jojo Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I dont like tennis, Hope Engerland wins after all this!! Grin
neil3045
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds ( SOLVED )

Hi jojo I didnt mean to raise the fault lol I just clicked the line checker to make sure there wasnt a problem with my line coz falling from 7 mbps to less than 1 seemed pretty drastic! Anyway the footballs finished and I just done a speed test and I back to 6.7 again!  Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Speeds ( SOLVED )

Ah, it's ok neil3045, the fault won't progress if you don't complete the questions, it will just automatically close anyway. Glad to hear it's back up though. Football, tut!  Wink