cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds SNR?

Grinny
Grafter

Slow Speeds SNR?

Hello everyone, I need some help as my fault hasn't been looked at yet and it's the 3rd day since I rased the fault,
On 22nd sept at 11:00pm there was a lighting strike near my home all electrical eqipment went down including the modem/router but everything is heavly surge protected, Stright after I started using the net again the connection was laggy playing on xbox live but not so bad, however in the early hours of the morning the connection was unusable. I could ping and tracert fine but data the size of a web page could take a couple of mins to appear.
24th sept and thing have got even worse but still could find no fault, it occured to me it could be a problem with the lightning effecting the DSLAM at the exchange but I'm not so clued in to ADSL tech. Evening 24th things are much better but not as good as before the problem.
On 25th sept (today) I realised that my downstream SNR was fluctuating from 7db to 12db and things have gotten worse again.  Cry
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul
1 REPLY 1
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Speeds SNR?

HI Grinny,

sorry for the delay in replying, it does look as though your ticket has been updated now.
Jojo Smiley