Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed since last night / this morning

StingA
Grafter

Re: Slow Speed since last night / this morning

Hey AO
Sorry for the lack of updates, been a busy weekend!
So after I got home on Friday I noticed that the BT engineer had been at the access point on the outside wall of the property. He had left one of the screws out of the grey cover along with a broken component on the ground. I think its a "Dex Gel/Jelly Filled Connector Crimps, 3 Way."

I had also been disconnected (phone and voice) for around 5 mins, I'm guessing the engineer changed something. As my Attenutation and SNR margin increased (albeit a tiny amount) again.  I checked the circuit and it is my phone number. Still got the very faint hissing on the line, although not sure if it is my ears.
A 20% increase in line attenuation, and a 10% decrease in downstream throughput compared to Wednesday, before the contractors started work.
What now from here? How do I get my clean line back?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The phone is now coming back clear. Interesting to know if it is your phone though.
Only an engineer can look into the line attenuation levels. Sad
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Just an update to the thread.
Plusnet would not entertain sending a BTOR engineer to check the contractors work due to my line still being within normal limits.. fair enough.. nothing I can do other than pester a BT Engineer next time I see one milling about.
After a downpour on Friday morning my SNR decreased to 6db. - My BT profile didn't change but the 'Max Speed' on the router did.

Chatting with AO I repositioned some powercables to see if I could get the SNR to increase again but it stuck at 6db all weekend.
Again after a downpour early this afternoon the SNR has decreased to 3.8db and won't budge. - The Max Speed has dropped off again.

So my problem is deteriorating. - Before Morrison Utility cut my line I has having a very good experience on 21CN... I guess if the SNR gets to near 0 then it goes kaput?
Please help... Maybe it would have been proactive for Plusnet to send that engineer afterall?! I can't say I am very impressed.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The max will drop with the SNRM.
Whilst it's like it is, a CLT might be a good idea to try and pick up an insulation fault of some sort. Earth fault, or perhaps Battery fault bearing in mind the crossed-line issue last week.
StingA
Grafter

The SNR dropped to 3.6 yesterday evening but the road is drying up, was sat at 4.8 when I left for work.
Not sure when it is supposed to rain next. Guessing no one managed to do a CLT.
Dan
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I did one this morning, no fault found Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
StingA
Grafter

My Fibre cabinet has gone live just now  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What now? Tony can you sort me out? 80/20? I didn't really want to enter into a new contracted period, is this possible?