Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed since last night / this morning

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Slow Speed since last night / this morning

I got a call about the escalation this morning. To their credit, BT realised the profile was out of sync with the sync speed and fixed it (Our side was right all along). So now, it's just a matter of playing with the throughput to see if the original issue has been resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
StingA
Grafter

Hey
Yep, plusnet portal still showing 7.15Mbps, Althought BTw diagnostic speed test still errors.
The router was showing as connected but I had no connectivity at all, so I gave it a reboot.
I believe Chris was due an update from the 20CN capacity management team regarding the exchange.
Daniel
StingA
Grafter

Hey
Just an update on this.
All weekend speeds on the new VP were top notch 6.6x mb/s was fantastic.
Last night speeds had slowed down to 6.00mb/s over the peak period, not that I am complaining but I just hope it isn't a sign of things to come!
I did notice that the SNR margin on my DS had gone from 13.x to 14.x.
BQM is still a bit messy but loads better than it was.
I will post my router stats etc when I am back home.
Thanks again
Daniel
StingA
Grafter

Spoke too soon......
Further diagnostics on the BTw speed test still not working.

Router stats

Current line speed:
7.15 Mb
BQM snapshot

I know its not as bad as it was but the drop off from over the weekend and Monday is quite something.
Daniel
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@CRT,
Any news on the CVLAN rebalancing?  Is CVLAN congestion still thought to be the cause of the horrible TBB BQMs and slow data speed or are we looking for something else?  Is CLT still good post the TPM problems?
Does the continued failure of the BT Further Diagnostics test have any material bearing on the general operation of the service?
@Daniel,
Just confirming - are those speed tests over a wired or wifi connection?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Do CVLANs even exist for ADSL?!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Wink Hmmm I might have the wrong terminology  Shocked
Happy to learn the correct terminology...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

I was looking for a flow chart as I'm sure one exists showing everything.
For FTTC/P, the CVLAN is the connection from either the FTTP modem or the FTTC DSLAM to the layer 2 switch in the exchange - this is Openreach's responsibility.
For 21CN ADSL/FTTC/FTTP, the SVLAN is the connection from the layer 2 switch to the BRAS/MSE - this is BT Wholesale's responsibility.
With 20CN, the SVLAN is known as the VP.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers AndyH,
This is one of the things I love about this community forum - an opportunity for us to all learn and share knowledge, without the fear of being flamed for making a mistake or two along the journey.
Thank you,
Kevin

AndyH
Grafter

No worries Smiley
There is somewhere a really good document that explains/shows how quite a few things work. It's lengthy, but the flow charts are really useful to understand the different networks and components.
StingA
Grafter

Hey Kevin
Yep through a wired connection.
Speed was back down to 3.2mb/s when I checked last night.

Daniel
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@CRT,
These speed tests are highly variable (as we know these beasts can be) and the BQM "mess" seems to extend from 13:30 to 02:00 which is somewhat outside of the time-slots one would expect for pure VP congestion.  Could there be some other factor at play here?
Is there anything which can be done to fix Daniel's BTw Diagnostic Test failures so that he can speed test and PlusNet can see the trends?
Kevin

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've been looking into this one in detail, and unless I'm missing something obvious, there isn't much else that I can think of. The case is in the hands of BTw now, but we do need a full BT speed test so we can ask their teams to investigate further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: StingA
When I do the futher diagnostic test it errors, it has done this as long as I can remember.

Hi Tony,
Good to see an update from you on this one.  When you say "Full BT Speed Test" do you mean the further diagnostics bit... which is not working on this line?
Kevin

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yes I did - thanks for the above, which I obviously hasn't seen.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team