cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed & o2's offer

adamdrake

Slow Speed & o2's offer

Hi,
Iv ALWAYS had really bad speeds from my broadband, while many enjoy 20mb speeds, im getting at best, 880kbps. 6months ago, i was still getting 512k speeds.  This is due to line distance from exchange, i understand.
However, i had a call from o2 broadband, telling me they can ensure i get double what im getting now, BT says i can get 1mb, so o2 are saying i can get 2mb. Now if i got 2mb download, that would be great, iPlayer would work, Sky player would stream well enough to watch stuff, excellent.
I asked o2, how can they give me 2mb? They say they have there own custom hardware at the exchanges and sent me "multiple lines of data" rather than "single lines" lines i get at the moment.
Is this true or just sales speak?
Iv been with plusnet for about 10years but im now at the point where i really want to take advantage of online tv etc. If o2 is telling the truth, whats the difference between them and plusnet?
Many thanks
2 REPLIES 2
iashton
Grafter

Re: Slow Speed & o2's offer

I cut over to O2 in September.
My sync speed with PlusNet was hardly ever over 2880kpbs. There were also disconnects and re-syncs with the inevitable fall in profile speed and the waiting for it to crawl back up again.
I'm syncing with O2 at 7870kbps at the moment.
Nothing has changed at my end.
If the O2 service is LLU/ADSL2+ at your local exchange in my experience you'll see an improvement.
If you're an O2 mobile customer then the price is competitive as well.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Slow Speed & o2's offer

Hi adamdrake,
I've just nudged your profile up to 1250. But with attenuation of 66dB you are unlikely to get much more. I appreciate you may have been offered better speeds but sometimes the grass often seems greener...
Jojo Smiley