Did you mean: 

Slow Speed Tonight?

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Slow Speed Tonight?

Ok at the moment:

esox

after 4 days of no broadband worth talking about i suddenly get my connection back to normal after requesting a mac code only mins ago after waiting an hr to be able to actually log in and put the request in.....coincidence or convenience?! i think a migration to xilo is in order....at 25 quid a month im sure theyll offer me a better package.
on the uk top 50 isps take a look where plusnet/bt  is  http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top50.php Lips_are_sealed  nuff said
JamesM
Grafter

Back to normal now.

EDIT
Spoke too soon 
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Slow again:
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

& slow again here too.
Remember, this is a FTTC connection on which I usually do not see ANY contention issues

Ping is usually 15ms, but.......
martynsingleton
Grafter

welcome to PN eh.. well my honeymoon period is over i guess.. speeds tonight are bad..
welcome to Fibre optic....

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm on a vanilla ADSLMax up to 8Mb and my speeds this evening have been really bad in comparison to normal.
I switched gateway and things have improved substantially....maybe a coincidence, I don't know for sure.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
martynsingleton
Grafter

Im new to all this, how do you switch gateway ? is that a simple reset of router, or fibre box ?
dick:quote
WWWombat
Grafter

If you are on FTTC with Plusnet's standard router, then the best way is to login to the router's GUI, then click on "Router Status" in the menu, then the "Connection Status" button. Hit "Disconnect" to close the session with Plusnet, and then hit "Connect" to start a new one.
If you visit this page: http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway both before & after the switch, then it will let you know the gateway id's; you will almost certainly change after the new connection.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
WWWombat
Grafter

I've had my regular speedtester turned on since 8PM on the 3rd, and it happens to show up these severe slowdowns on both the 3rd and the 4th.
I'm currently connected to pcl-ag01, synced at 40Mbps, and the current PPPoE session is one of the "slow" ones (so speedtest.net tests top out at 35Mbps rather than 37.5Mbps).
I've attached the graph of my test results over this period (when I have a "slow" session, these particular tests top out at 34Mbps rather than 36Mbps).
Results through the day seem normal, and the start/end of the traffic-managed period seem correct too (usually around 24Mbps), but there are some severe slowdowns shown.
For comparison, I've included a graph from Christmas day, where things were working just fine. That session was one of my "fast" ones, so the speeds there all top out at 36Mbps, but other than that difference, you can see pretty much perfect behaviour.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: Baldeagle1
& slow again here too.
Remember, this is a FTTC connection on which I usually do not see ANY contention issues

Ping is usually 15ms, but.......

Still on the same gateway this morning (ptn-ag01), speeds are back to normal again:-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best ever speed for me today, usually around 16.5mb/s
19.80mb/s
That's 99% of my quoted upto 20mb/s !!
Sadly, back down to usual 16.5mb/s now (83%)
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

We've got 2.6Gbps of bandwidth going in this afternoon (service status will be posted shortly to confirm this). We're enabling 4 new end points on THN-AG1, THN-AG2, PTN-AG01 and PCL-AG04 and will point more customers at these as soon as the bandwidth is live and increase the bandwidth slightly on all the other end points. If you're still seeing slower speeds tonight then just disconnect and reconnect (might have to do it a couple of times) and you should end up on one of the new end points.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

From here.
[quote author="Joanne Pilson"]Increase in 21CN Broadband Capacity - Thursday 5th January
We will shortly be increasing the capacity of our 21CN host links by 2680Mbps. It's these host links that we use to deliver bandwidth to the majority of customers on our 'Up to 20Mbps' and Fibre services.
We're activating this extra capacity in line with the current budget, customers' usage habits and our projected growth in customer numbers.
Kind regards,
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

What about 20CN customers?