cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Slow Slow....

savemedo
Grafter

Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW....

Not yet, I'm terrified of getting big bills, I don't have much money, which is why I do all this penny pinching when the contracts come up for renewal.

The last time they sent an engineer, he just through the motions in my flat, and then went and fixed it where it was faulty...

In the street cabinet.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Thrall wrote:

@jab1 Ah fair enough. The way I’m reading is that the OP is still experiencing issues after having left their router on since last night and has had their line reset too, which seems to indicate further investigation is required. 

I would suspect that if the OP has been constantly turning on and off, it will take a little longer than 9 hours for DLM to bring the speed back up - it was obviously tolerant for quite a while, but then decided there was something going off and decided to intervene.

And with due respect to the OP, he is not following advice he is being given - which makes helping him difficult.

John
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@jab1 DLM wouldn’t need to bring the line back up to speed though, because from what’s been said the line’s been reset and the OP is seeing higher than the 0.5mbps that DLM had capped the line at. 

savemedo
Grafter

Ping 64

Down 1.42mb

Up 0mb

Switching a router off can cause such a drop in service?

No, way.

jab1
Legend

OK, @Thrall , valid point, but I still think the OPs action may have caused a lot of the problems - if they could just listen to those who, with respect, know more, maybe we could resolve the problem.

John
jab1
Legend

@savemedo wrote:

Ping 64

Down 1.42mb

Up 0mb

Switching a router off can cause such a drop in service?

No, way.

@savemedo As said previously, give the system time to correct the introduced problems, if they continue into next week with the router left on 24/7, then maybe we will have to look further.

John
savemedo
Grafter

Gandolf says that he has reset the system, so, wether or not I switched on and off the router, should'nt matter.

Fresh slate, isn't it.

So with all my attributes cleared, "switching on and off" at the end of the day should not enter into it.

I have been using routers for nerly 30 years, I have always turned the router off at night.

That is not the problem.

jab1
Legend

@savemedo With respect, you may have been 'using routers for 30 years' - but you clearly do not understand how the wider system works. My final input on this topic, I can't be bothered to help those who won't help themselves.

John
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Please, please, please ..... will you do a little test for us?
Leave the router switched on for 7 to 10 days to see what happens.
If it speeds up then that answers the question 🙂
Things that were good 30 years ago arn't nessecarily the right thing to do today. 🙂
savemedo
Grafter

So, my internet connection suddenly drops from a solid 17mb FOR A DECADE, to 1.42mb and it's all my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great support guys

savemedo
Grafter

Wow

Plusnet customer support...

Leave it for a week ten days, maybe it will fix itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile I'm paying good money for an internet connection and I'm bound by a contract.

There is very dodgy going on with Plusnet.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@savemedo Raise a fault so an engineer can investigate. That’d be my advice Smiley

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Please note I am CUSTOMER just like you.
I'm sorry but if you wont listen to advice then my contributions to this thread end here. 🙂
savemedo
Grafter

@Bogbody wrote:
Please note I am CUSTOMER just like you.
I'm sorry but if you wont listen to advice then my contributions to this thread end here. 🙂

The router has been up for nearly 12 hours now, Yes I'm going to leave it on, as advised by the Plusnet staff.

The replies have been illuminating though haven't they, it seems plusnet DO throttle Users bandwidth by profile!

Think about that admission!

Plusnet have admitted they are throttling my account!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@savemedo  you have been told you line has been banded due to fault conditions detected - not throttled.

You have refused to carry out any basic checks, which all isps would expect you to do - and yet its not your fault - grow up, consider the fact that all the combined wisdom and expertise offered are right, and you are wrong - what if I too am right?