Slow,Slow..Quick ,Quick Slow.

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow,Slow..Quick ,Quick Slow.

No problems Bill. I'm really glad to hear that. Smiley

Please let us know if you need any further assistance from us as we're always happy to help. I hope you get well soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Railman1 wrote:

After a manual reset at the exchange  ( or where ever) speed popped back up to the dizzy highness of 1.6 Mbts ( which is normal for around here). So once again I'm up and crawling.

Hi - normal for where?  I'm North Cheshire (CW8) and I know that some areas are not brilliant, but not that bad unless you're well countrified such as East of Dutton, Arley Hall or South Stretton way.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Railman1
Dabbler

Hi Townman...We're 4 km from the last Fibre broadband box feeding our area from Sandbach,( too far for fast fibre to reach us).Copper feed comes to us on poles still.All part of the fun of living in rural Britain...Still have to pay the same line rental as everyone else though...so the telephone companies can afford to invest in modernising the system for everyone, outside of the major towns and cities....(excuse me whilst I spew).

Railman1
Dabbler

Oh dear..... As of 2000hrs tonight my speed has again dropped to 0.2 Mbts.Cry Not looking good. Contract states you'll supply me with a broadband speed of between 1 - 3 Mbts....I always presumed that meant on a regular basis,not for 24 hrs. Another ticket to raise or do you want me to go through all the checks again Ticked_off ( I aint going to).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Bill. Sorry to hear the problems appear to have returned.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the speed drops you've experienced. Although we can see the drops:

Unfortunately I don't think the drops are enough for our suppliers to investigate further.

If they do become more frequent please let us know and we'll arrange another engineer for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet