cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet Speeds

Hmgenge

Slow Internet Speeds

Hey PlusNet,
Recently my internet speed have dropped dramatically in the past 1 to 2 week. I tested the speed with a speed test yesterday and received around 0.188 Mb/s for download speed and 1.03 Mb/s for upload; I can barely watch videos on YouTube or download anything without aging considerably. My signal is full bars and I've tested almost everything from the support page apart from changing the router, which is a 'TG582n' and I'm still getting the same results, even with a Ethernet cable. Also, I'm in the South East so I shouldn't be affected by the storms recently.
Anyway, it would be great if it could get sorted out so I can so I can get back to normality  Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Slow Internet Speeds

Hi Hmgenge,
Welcome to the forums.  PlusNet staff (CRT) are not around here on Sundays.
Can you please gather and post all of the information requested here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Is your phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow Internet Speeds

@Hmgenge
Your line is disconnecting a lot. Can you confirm the questions that Townman has asked and these will help us diagnose the issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.