cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds

EP12001

Slow Download Speeds

I am posting the same message I posted last October hoping it will get the same great result Smiley  our broadband always goes wrong when the weather has been bad Sad

I’ve had problems with the Internet for at least a fortnight, slow speeds and dropping out. As normal tending to ignore it and hope it will go away but think I finally have to do something now. Wait times on the phone mean that isn’t worth it and no online chat available so wondering if there is a way to get my line checked via this forum? Speed tests suggest download speed is stuck around 2Mbps, have tried restarting router. Have had problems with the line in the past.

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Slow Download Speeds

Hi @EP12001

I agree that there's something amiss here and as you've noted, it is likely connected to the adverse weather we've had recently. From experience, the results of the testing I've performed generally indicates an issue within the boundary of your property (so, the drop cable from the telegraph pole for example).

If you can get your router into the test socket as shown here and if that doesn't resolve the issue, raise a fault here so that we can progress this to our suppliers for you.

Best wishes

Dave

EP12001

HI,

Currently plugged into the the test socket and getting about 5-12 Mbps.  I tried the link suggested but unfortunately the broadband troubleshooter is currently down for maintenance.  Oh well, guess I'l try again later.

Elaine.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

The maintenance is due to finish at 5 pm.

If you raise the fault after this time then post back once you've done so we'll get that picked up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team