cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

Victoria
Hooked

Slow Broadband

Very slow Internet I only get Around 3mb on a good day, usely 300KB, everything is how it should be, all wires and filters correct, still poor. May have to change providers
1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Slow Broadband

Hi @Victoria,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing poor speeds. I've tested your line and your line is currently syncing at 3.2mbps, which is within the line's estimates of 1.5-5.5mbps, however there are performance errors on the line which will be leading to the drops in speed on your side.

It appears that the connection issues may be due to a setting being incorrect. The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is too low for the length of your line. The SNR helps the line to remain stable and unaffected by noise or interference on the line. The higher the setting for SNR, the higher the level of noise can be tolerated.

The SNR for your line was set too low for the amount of interference we'd expect to see, so by increasing this we expect the connection to now stabilise and for the information to be received without interference.

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next couple of days and let us know if you continue to experience issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team