cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

TownTwins
Dabbler

Slow Broadband

Prior to moving to Plusnet in July I had a fairly stable broadband connection, not super fast, not brilliant but fit for use. Ever since I was migrated over (and disconnected for a week...) it has been appalling.
The speed checks indicate the download speed is OK, but the upload seems very slow and has a high PING results. However I am not techy, we are constantly getting a helpful neighbour over to check everything and I can't keep doing it.
He says that (and I apologise if it doesn't make sense because I misunderstood what he said) that my broadband is reaching a local server in Sheffield fine but then is not reaching out to the web effectively and here is the problem.
My question PlusNet, is how long does it take you to actually deal with a fault? My ticket has been raised a week last Thursday, and I have had very little feedback except when I push you. I cannot keep calling and waiting 45 mins to speak to a general customer service advisor who just updates notes. Some days we cannot even connect to the internet, other days Instagram, U-tube, SKPE won't work at all, some days nothing in the house works. We have no mobile phone signal in the house so use a Vodaphone Sure Signal service to get mobile calls, this hasn't worked properly since July.
What is going on and how long will it be before any progress is made with my fault?  PlusNet resource issues don't seem to be improving in the months I have been a customer.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Slow Broadband

Hi TT,
You've had a bit of a rough time with your BT circuit, though reading here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141291.msg1249716.html#msg1249716 - are you on FTTC?
This is the ADSL forum and given the run around you had before, I'd hate to be trying to give you wrong (irrelevent) advice on ADSL centred diagnostics.
Which router do you have?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Slow Broadband

Hi there,
I've taken a look over your account and there seems to be a high amount of data being uploaded, this could be cloud backups or similar and will impact the speeds and performance of your line. If you can try stopping any uploads before testing again you should see an improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.