Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband speed

FIXED
Toby1971
Grafter
Fixes: 4

Slow Broadband speed

Could you see if you can increase the spped of my broadband. I used to get 10+mb/sec now I am down to 7mb/sec. I have tried all the usual things, new filter etc.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Slow Broadband speed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Your connection has been dropping since the 23rd which is why the speed profile has reduced since then.

Please try following the steps here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting

I'd recommend checking back in with us here after at least another 24 hours to see if that's helped to stabilise the connection, failing that it would be wise to report a fault http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Toby1971
Grafter

I have tried all those and nothing has changed. What I don't understand, that if I remove the faceplate and go directly into the master socket the speed increases to 14mb/sec. The only change is that the connection is not going through the faceplate as the wires are still connected to that. I have tried a new faceplate but nothing changes.

Thanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Its worth having a look at My Mate Vince's  how to speed up your broadband video, also worth installing one of the newer faceplates.

Toby1971
Grafter

I have installed one of the latest faceplates and i see downstrean errors are now 0 against thousands i had before and the SNR margin has gone from 23 to 16 (which I assume Good) could you please therefore reset the line to give increased speed on downloads. I used to get 14mb/sec at one stage

Thanks

Toby1971
Grafter

Fix

New faceplate fitted, contacted PN this morning, line reset now back to 12mb/sec