cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband speed differs from indicated.

misshilton88
Hooked

Slow Broadband speed differs from indicated.

Hey Just a quick one 

My broadband is starting to get me fustrated. I'm meant to be getting speeds of 18mb plus but after 8days its still only reading 3gb on a good day. Does anyone else have this issue and if so how did it get resolved? 

Ive been told i have to wait 10 days before i can be looked it but feeling more than frustrated now by it

Danny 

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Slow Broadband speed differs from indicated.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

If you can PM me your username we'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
misshilton88
Hooked

Of course how do u do that
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the username on your PM.

Our tests aren't showing any obvious issues on your line but we can see the speeds are below estimates.

We'd recommend raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
misshilton88
Hooked

ive done that and nothing has changed , if anything its got worse. I know its not your issue but so far ive not really be able to use in internet even though im being charged for it

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've looked over your account and can't see any faults raised since you've joined us?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi misshilton,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below. Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router! Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Did you raise the fault via the fault reporter the link below takes you to?

I note that the figures you reported have mixed factors (m and g); also some people mix up the units (b and B - bits and bytes) by confusing line speed with data transfer speeds reported by file copy programs.  From where did you obtain the figures you reported?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

misshilton88
Hooked

To be honest with you, i did speed cheker and the one recomended by plus net. Sitting here atm this is what i get :

Download MBPS ; 4.72

Upload: MBPS:0.17

Ping:93.75

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Can you please obtain a full set of stats, following the instructions precisely - those above are not the further diagnostic speed test results.  Please copy and paste the results.  In restyling you've changed the case of the text creating ambiguity between bits (b) and bytes (B).  The following need to be obtained in the same timeframe...

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.