cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband and no help from Plusnet

stevew10000
Grafter

Slow Broadband and no help from Plusnet

Broadband speed since before Easter has consistently been below 1mbs. now down to a useless less than 200kbs. Previously over 6.5Mbs.
over 20 minutes kept on line waiting for Plusnet to answer.
At thier request ran speed tests on the line. updated them with results.
Since then nothing.
Promises to respond within 24 hours not met.
I am paying over £20 a month for a non useable service, and no support from Plusnet. With the additonal cost of subscritpions to services such as Netflix, none of which are now useable.
From looking at the forums it seems the only way to attract attention from "service" is to go public.
50 REPLIES 50
x47c
Grafter

Re: Slow Broadband and no help from Plusnet

Can you please post the information asked for in the second (stickyed) post on this forum: i'ts titled  "speed faults - information to help diagnosis".
Then forum members might be able to look at the routerstats and BT speedtest results and starts to give you help as to why there is a problem and where it might be.
(note that the BT speedtester is giving some weird results at the moment on some lines)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having, I've just taken a look at your account and can see a fault ticket was raised on the 10th that's currently with the faults team here for testing. They'll be in touch as soon as they have more info as per the message on the ticket.
Sometimes fault tickets do take more than 24 hours for the testing and to be responded to, that's why we said 'We are now testing your broadband connection. Please ensure your router stays connected and our faults team will contact you within 48-72 hours with the results.'
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stevew10000
Grafter

so 24 hours becomes in excess of 48 hours, and the response you will need to do the speed test again.
I moved from an ISP, that gave reliable service for years, for a promise for better from you, huge mistake.
stevew10000
Grafter

I have run the speed test repeatedly over the weekend.
frequently the service is so poor the test errors out.
currently it is well under 0.5Mbs.
So far you have provided no service, no help and no advice.
Please provide details of your 'customer' complaints and the your Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme.
I also want details of what you have done to attempt to fix this problem. Thus far all you seem to do have done is request me to run a speed test on a your poor service.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stevew10000,
I've just ran some checks and it looks like the profile is incorrect on one of our supplier's systems. I'll get onto this now and get back to you later once I have some more news.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stevew10000,
I've just spoken to our suppliers who said they have manually adjusted your profile. Can you tell me whether things have improved?
Jojo Smiley
stevew10000
Grafter

no it hasn't.
I have attempted to run the speediest at 16:30, your email requested that I wait 2 hours before doing so.
I cannot run the test as it tells me I can only do one per hour, clearly there is a fault as i have not run this test.
I have however run a speed test on http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/
that records a download speed of 0.222mbs and upload speed of 0.112mbs.
You have not fixed this.
Are you able to escalate this to someone who can fix it, or do you intend wasting my time request further speed tests that have become impossible to run?
stevew10000
Grafter

18:50 Managed to do a test,
so slow that the test states it is a 0mbs connection.

FAQ

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0 Mbps

0 Mbps 7.15 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

Are you really going to continue to charge me for this rubbish?
stevew10000
Grafter

Just phoned plusnet
over 10 minutes to answer the phone.
first person considers a broadband speed of 0mbs to be acceptable, "if it downloads the pages, it is working" also considers it acceptable that I have to pay over £20 a month for no service, because "we have to pay our suppliers"
puts me through to customer "service" unable to explain what the problem is other than reading from a screen about a mismatch. I ask if i am better changing to another supplier, "no because that will take longer and will still be a fault in your cable from the exchange" so moved from a configuration mismatch to a faulty cable.
Asked for a manager or supervisor, "there isn't one"
Asked for the complaints department, "there isn't one, you have to complain by internet," it isn't working, "you'll have to write in"
Plusnet "we'll do you proud" how apt, they have completely done this "customer"
Mark
Grafter

Hi stevew10000
Firstly, I'm really sorry to see that you've had such a poor experience.
I'll go round your interaction with the support team tomorrow and address any failings appropriately.
The Digi Care Team (the forum guru's) will pick this up tomorrow and work with you to progress.
In the meantime, could you do a couple of things for me.
Enter your phone number here and post the output back to this thread http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Log onto your router and post up the line stats.
Has your router been dropping connection recently or is it just the speed issues you've experienced?
We'll get this resolved for you if you can bear with us a little longer.
Mark
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stevew10000,
Are you aware of any uploading that you're doing? Yesterday you uploaded 2.5GB which is quite a lot considering you'll be getting around 380Kbps. This would seriously impede your download speed. Try restricting anything that is uploading, which should then make a difference to your download speed.
Jojo
stevew10000
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
Hi stevew10000
Firstly, I'm really sorry to see that you've had such a poor experience.
I'll go round your interaction with the support team tomorrow and address any failings appropriately.
The Digi Care Team (the forum guru's) will pick this up tomorrow and work with you to progress.
In the meantime, could you do a couple of things for me.
Enter your phone number here and post the output back to this thread http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Log onto your router and post up the line stats.
Has your router been dropping connection recently or is it just the speed issues you've experienced?
We'll get this resolved for you if you can bear with us a little longer.
Mark

Router has not been dropping connection, recently or ever (so far as I am aware)
I use Apple Airport Extreme connected through a wired Draytek Vigor 120 Modem.
This morning the speed (from www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk) is back up to 6.57Mbs, download and 0.357Mbs upload. I am unable to use BT Speedtester, as it wrongly faults out, reporting that I can only do one speed test per hour, even when one hasn't been run since last night.
The link below with my phone number reports back,
Exchange Status Checker
Results: Wem
Code: WNWEM
County: Shropshire
Enabled: 10 Mar 2004
Market: 2
VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Amber.
Click here for further details
BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists
You can view recent Service Outages for this exchange here
BT has published DSL Max upgrade information for this exchange
Click here for further details
Bookmark this exchange here
Back to exchange search
pierre_pierre
Grafter