cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband / Timing Out

wati25

Slow Broadband / Timing Out

I have been suffering from really slow download speeds and constant timing outs for the past 3 - 4 weeks which incidentally coinciding with signing up to a new 12 month contract; before which we have had superb internet connection without any issues.

I raised the fault with Plusnet on Saturday 1st October and after much discussion with your team I was advised that this has been passed onto the fault team.  To date I haven’t received any further communication updating me on when the fault is likely to get resolved.

I have tested the line speed and although it usually comes back with a download speed of around 2.69 – 3.76 Mb/s, this is only when I get a connection and it hasn’t timed out. It is extremely frustrating and causing issues with day to day activities.

I appreciate that there are going to be issues from time to time but as mentioned above, we have had no issues for the past 2½ years since being with you until recently. Please can you investigate as a matter of urgency and let me know when the issues are going to get resolved.

Cheers,

Ian

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote marks removed

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slow Broadband / Timing Out

Hi there,

I've just looked into this, diagnostics don't seem to indicate any problems.

I can see something went wrong with that fault report you mentioned that that closed off without any action being taken.

Just to cover something that may be a cause before we go any further can you let me know if you've been connecting over WiFi whilst you noticed the reduction in speeds?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wati25

Hi Adam,

Generally we are connecting via wifi. I had been connecting via ethernet using Solwise Homeplugs which used to give better speeds than wifi. However since having the slow download speeds, this is actually worse than wifi !!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, can you run a speed test for us over WiFi without the homeplugs?

Just making sure we've ruled all the obvious things out at this stage.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wati25

The speed tests results in my original post were over wifi. I have tested again several times and results fluctuate between 1.8 - 3.9 mb/s.

jenscolinharris

I'm also interested in this response. I have been a customer with Plusnet for a while now and have never really had any problems until very recently, perhaps the last 2-3 months. I have for the most part, near perfect 15mbs download speeds. However, what is becoming more frequent, are drop outs and near zero downloads speeds. This is particularly frustrating as 1. Our house doesn't have Satellite TV or Digital, all our content is streamed and 2. I am a heavy online gamer. I work away for 6 weeks at a time and so on my 6 weeks at home I look forward to catching up with everything online.

I have attached a file to show what I have experienced now and earlier today. This also happens at times in the evening. I am on the unlimited broadband contract.

Cheers

jenscolinharris

Ok, so the information needs to be kept together. Fair.

So I posted yesterday about my poor connection. I have again, after a morning of flawless connection, hit another period of slow speed. I still don't have an answer to this bizarre happening. I did try to call yesterday but due to 'high levels of calls' the wait time was over 30 mins...no thanks.

Can't even do the online chat thing as it is unavailable. Any thoughts? I have added another speed check from plus net approved Ookla.

jenscolinharris

And after another couple of hours on the go-slow we are back up to normal.