cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloooooooow

johnmglen
Grafter

Sloooooooow

Today has not been a good day for my usually trusty Plus.Net connection. Pretty much all sites are inaccessible or are so slow to connect that I need to have a shave between sites!  I know there are some problems but this is getting a bit annoying.  If there are some serious issues, please say so because  whatever has happened is making the connection virtually useless.  Oh your usually prompt ticket responses are also not up to scratch today.  I can only assume that Plus.Net are having a bad day themselves?? 
On a slightly different subject, that McAfee software (PN protect) that was being offered free for extra customers, well I said yes and now they want to charge me for it and I AM an extra customer.
Come on PN, get it together, this is bad.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Sloooooooow

Your first port of call when ever you have problems like this should be to look for service status announcements:
[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1292858575.htm]View My Usage / Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE
Broadband
Posted on: Monday 20 December 2010, 15:22
This is an update to this morning's post about the problems we've been experiencing with our traffic management platform.
Our network engineers are working hard to restore service, however customers will still be experiencing problems as follows:
* Broadband usage for the last 18 hours or so may not be showing when checking the usage reporting tool available on our website.
* Our traffic management platforms are 'frozen' at 9.00pm last night. Any traffic management restrictions that were applied to your account at this time of the evening will still be in place now.
* If you've disconnected/reconnected between 9.00pm last night and now then you will have been assigned a 'default traffic management profile' from 9.00pm last night. This profile heavily restricts time sensitive activities such as Peer-to-Peer filesharing and Binary Usenet. It may also affect the use of some high-definition streaming services and download sites/servers. You may also notice that certain content on some websites takes longer than expected to load.
* If your traffic is restricted due to exceeding your monthly allowance, and you are due to be billed today, then the restrictions are unlikely to be removed until the underlying cause of the problem is resolved.
* If your account has entered failed billing then you may be having difficulty making a payment and lifting the billing restrictions.
Only if you're in failed billing should you try disconnecting and reconnecting if you're having difficulty getting online after making a late payment.
In all other circumstances we recommend that you *avoid disconnecting/reconnecting* as you're likely to make the situation worse if you do.
We have engineers en route to the affected data centre in London. In the interim, we are in contact with our hardware vendor and are also attempting to restore service remotely.
At the moment, we're unable to provide an ETA as to when normal service will be restored. Once the platform is back up and running, it's likely that we will need to carry out further maintenance to fix the accounts that have been 'broken' during the outage.
Please accept our apologies for the continued inconvenience.
We will provide another update later this afternoon.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Sloooooooow

Locked in favour of master thread
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'