cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype Problem

cdebley

Skype Problem

Hi, My Skype keeps disconnecting and connecting very randomly, you dont notice it other than the Call and Video Call buttons suddenly flash from being green and clickable to being grey and then back to being green, it dont seem to be a software issue, ive reinstalled skype multiple times, ive deleted my skype folder, but i still have the same issue!,
Thanks for your help, i appreciate it!
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Skype Problem

Hi cdebley,
Not entirely sure what to suggest with this...when Skype disconnects are you unable to connect to the Internet full-stop?
Have you tried asking Skype for help with this?
cdebley

Well for started yes, i posted on their forums, but with lack of a reply, I've come to PlusNet seeming that it might be an connection related issue.
well it literally must go out for like two seconds max, i don't even get a notification that I've gone offline but i have been told that i keep going offline from every 30 seconds to every second, and ill be honest my internet has seemed a bit choppy lately so i concluded that it must be a connection issue, but again im not sure. im stumped, i really don't know but without an answer its beginning to get on my nerves!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi cdebley,
I've taken a look at your line for you and it looks as though you don't lose connectivity to the Internet, however I think there could be a problem the throughput you're receiving. When I tested your line, the outcome was that there's an issue with VLAN Utilisation, this could seriously be impacting the quality of service that you receive.
If you could visit http://faults.plus.net this should trigger a fault to our suppliers automatically and we can get that looked into and fixed for you.
cdebley

Thank you Chris, i really appreciate your help, logged a fault and hopefully it will be cured. Thank you very much, especially with such a vague question, Thank you