cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky on demand

storzmonster
Hooked

Sky on demand

Hi, I have tried to set this service up using the Sky wireless box but I cannot get my Plusnet modem to recognise or connect with the sky wireless box, it is all connected properly and my broadband service is fine - do I need to change anything in my modems settings?
I am stuck at work at the mo so can't provide much technical info
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
drw
Grafter

Re: Sky on demand

Have you checked the DNS settings in your Router, it may be wrong and the DNS settings in the computer(s) might be correct.
I had this problem occur when connecting the ethernet to the TV
storzmonster
Hooked

Now back home so I will take a look at the routers settings, anything in particular I need to be looking at or for - bearing in mind I am no expert!
storzmonster
Hooked

Cannot see anything obvious - it just seems that every other wireless device in the house will connect to the router but the sky wireless box won't - I wired this box in and that worked fine so the box must be ok. Not sure what to do now.
drw
Grafter

If you cannot fix it then try using a  network  over the mains electric circuit, if you do not want to have ethernet cables to the Sky Box.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try turning off wireless security on the router to see if the Sky box connects then - but don't leave security off for long. If it does connect unsecured try just WPA and WPA2 security alone and see if either of these settings work.
David