cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky OnDemand Slow.

dragon2611
Grafter

Sky OnDemand Slow.

Noticed for the past couple days Sky's on-demand services (Via the SkyHD box) have been extremely slow.
Usually I can select a HD show or movie and within less than 30 seconds it will have downloaded enough to start watching and the download will always keep ahead of playback but over the past couple of days it's been so slow that you actually have to go and do something else when you're waiting for it to download as either the STB won't let you play the content, or even if it does play it ends up stopping part way through as it hasn't gotten enough to continue.
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed similar?
Connection is FTTC syncing at 80/20, should have been plenty of free bandwidth the line itself
4 REPLIES 4
OllyM
Grafter

Re: Sky OnDemand Slow.

I've noticed this on and off over the last week as well but it does seem sporadic - on Monday night I grabbed a HD show from Demand 5 and it downloaded reasonably fast, but over the weekend downloads were very slow.
AndyH
Grafter

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've checked everything over on your line and everything appears fine from our side.
It might be worth contacting Sky to see if there are any known issues.
TLE
Grafter

I have been hit by this, taking over an hour to download a program which is 430MB.
They now seem to be suggesting that you need to update the firmware on your Sky Box. http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/on-demand-download-is-soooo-slow-when-internet-spe...
Sky Firmware update http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-SkyHD-Sky-3D/Updating-the-software-on-your-Sky-HD/ta-p/1239020