cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Anytime PLUS

whitby2011

Sky Anytime PLUS

I'm new to PN could someone explain the traffic shaping process. According to the PN site streaming for PN Extra is set at line speed does PN regard the Sky Anytime Plus service as streaming of server downloads which is subject to 2mb from 6pm to 12pm.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Sky Anytime PLUS

Welcome to Plusnet.
I am sure someone from Plusnet will be able to tell you how Sky Anytime Plus is shaped when they are back on this forum on Tuesday. However, I can tell you that I have been using Sky Anytime Plus (with Plusnet Extra) for about the last 10 days without any problems. The download speed appears more than sufficient not to have to wait more than 10 or 20 seconds before the program is available to watch with the program then continuing to download while watching.
waltdav
Grafter

I have been using Sky Anytime+ quite intensively during the past couple of weeks.
For what it's worth, my usage stats show all the Anytime+ usage as "Web".  However, YouTube and BBC iPlayer show in the stats as "streaming". I don't know why there is a difference.
Walt
whitby2011

Thanks for that. If Plusnet usage is shown as Web that would assume it's classified as browsing. On the Plusnet traffic shaping it shows browsing as operating at your line speed so this should not be subject to traffic shaping. Thanks for your quick reply.
Paul
hulls
Grafter

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was thinking of hooking up Anytime+. My download limit is 60Gb (the most I usually use is half that), but how much bandwidth does Anytime+ use? ( I appreciate that it will depend on how much I use it, but a rule of thumb would be useful).
John
whitby2011

If I watch a HD movie this is about 3.8 gb standard definition would be much less. You can record films or epsidoes after 12pm so would not count towards the allowance. With episodes you can stack them up so they will download overnight. Hope this helps
Paul
hulls
Grafter

Thanks, I may give it a go then.  Smiley
John