cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six weeks of dropped connections!

sploth

Six weeks of dropped connections!

On 5th September I raised a ticket (35026902) because I was getting random but frequent line drops at various times of day. Sometimes the drops would continue for hours making my BB unuseable, other times it might be for just a short while.
I have gone through all the rigmarole of using the test socket (for 2 weeks). New filters, different routers, powering everything off for periods. I've had a BT visit, so BT OR have closed their end of the call even though everything is still playing up.
Today I called to update support with the fact that my connection was dropping again, despite installing my 4th router yesterday and asked for someone to please, please help get this sorted and to contact me today to discuss the issues. I was told "sorry it's with support and they'll get to you when they reach your updated ticket".
This is not good enough. After 6 weeks I expect this to be now treated with a higher priority.
So if anyone could kindly get the support people to contact me with next steps sometime before the Sun turns into a red giant that would be much appreicated.
regards
P
16 REPLIES 16
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Six weeks of dropped connections!

Hi sploth,
I've got one of our faults guys picking this up so you should be updated shortly.
Jojo Smiley
sploth

Thanks Jojo much appreciated, I look forward to hearing what's going to happen next.
nealuk

What's the logo on your NTE5 master socket?
The reason I ask is that I had problems, and replacing the BT Piper logo Master with an updated Openreach Master cured my problems.
Regards, Neal
sploth

Hi Neal,
Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked my socket and it's already an OpenReach one. It was actually changed in June when I had problems both with my BB connection and my phone line. I've now got an engineer booked to come out on Friday afternoon, so hopefully this will be second time lucky.
Can but hope.
regards
Paul
sploth

A small update to this. I had a call from BT last night and initially thought it was to do with my impending engineer visit, but no it was sales trying to push Infinity as FTTC is now available to me (I now because the last engineer to visit mentioned it to me).
Question to any nice support people. If I were to go on the FTTC trial with PN would this get round my ongoing connection issues? If yes then how do I go about signing up for the PN FTTC trial, actually thinking about it I'm interested anyway so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks
Paul
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sploth,
I'm not a 100% sure about the criteria required to go on the trial, and the person who is dealing with it is not in at the moment but I will certainly ask him for you when he's in.
Jojo Smiley
sploth

Hi Jojo,
Gosh that was a quick repsonse, very impressed.
I look forward to hearing back on that.
cheers
Paul
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You might find the stickied topics at the top of the Fibre Trials board of interest.  In particular this one.
David
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI sploth,
It may be possible to do that, you need to raise a ticket to http://trials.plus.net and we'll take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
sploth

Hi,
Well I've spent all afternoon waiting for the BT OR engineer (1 - 6 appointment and it's now well past 6pm!). So could someone update the support chaps that BT missed the appointment.
As to the FTTC trial I've decided to go for it - can't be worse than my current ADSL2 connection!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sploth,
Hmm sorry to hear about the no show. I've just passed this to one of the faults guys to have a look and update the ticket.
Jojo Smiley
sploth

I had my latest visit from BT yesterday. Nice chap (but then all the ones who've visited have been), he looked at things my end, ran various tests identified that there were some CRC errors but couldn't determine anything at the premises end so went off to the exchange to look at that end.
He rang and said he'd ran some tests there and got the ports reset but couldn't determine any real problem there either.
End result - my connection is now even worse than before....arghhhhh, it was bad enough before!
Could someone get someone from support to call me on my mobile, the number is in my ticket, 35026902, to see what can be done. I think that since the problem has actually deteriated after whatever was done in the exchange that the problem must be there or in the links between the exchange and my house. Bearing in mind I've tried 4 routers, two or three splitters, had some cabling replaced and tried just about everything in the house powered off and the problem is always there!
I'm really fed up with this now, it's been nearly two months. I'm supposed to cover work from home evenings and weekends and am having to resort to a slow and unreliable mobile dongle and I'm going slowly round the twist!
regards
Paul
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sploth,
I'll be chasing this one for you and will get back to you as soon as I know more.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sploth,
We've been getting this looked into and one of the faults guys now has personal ownership of this and will take it through to its resolution. He will call you this afternoon to explain what's happening and what the next steps will be.
Jojo Smiley