cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single threaded downloads pausing (Start ,Stop,) Fault?

deathtrap
Grafter

Single threaded downloads pausing (Start ,Stop,) Fault?

As above is it a fault of some kind, i have set up a PPPOE mini port connection using my login credentials to exclude my router from the possible causes   but for some reason it will not connect  it just keeps on giving some error code any ideas? my O/S is WIN XP SP3 The error code is 769,  my lan (via router ) is configured as a static ip to the one pc , and gets it's dns from the router  , does the PPPOE miniport  need the main lan connection to be enabled  as well?

6 REPLIES 6
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Single threaded downloads pausing (Start ,Stop,) Fault?

does no one know  ?
AndyH
Grafter

Need to enable the LAN connection.
deathtrap
Grafter

Here's what i have tried so far, with lan cable in modem, i cleared my manually setup LAN connection   config static IP ect, to automatically obtain IP and DNS   and was enabled ,but it says that a network cable is unplugged like it isn't recognising that it's connected to the modem.  this  should of enabled dhcp on my box,   this time i think the error was  678 the pc isn't talking to the modem at all for some reason
deathtrap
Grafter

After having a trawl around so, the search results, re the  lan  cable unplugged error ,when trying to connect directly to the modem using PPPOE mini port , As iv'e tried a reboot of my pc ,with no success ,could it be that the BTOR modem needs to be power cycled  for this to work, I haven't  done this because of DLM as it reacts like the bull in a china shop to the slightest problem
AndyH
Grafter

Does the LAN port light up on the modem?
Have you tried disabling/enabling the LAN in XP?
deathtrap
Grafter

I can't remember if the lan led was lit or not, (haven't tested again since yesterday)  i think that i did  disable /enable the LAN adapter in XP , but still showed the the red X indication  of not connected , i also did reboot the pc  to no avail,  the only thing i ain't tried is a power cycle of the modem,  one thing that is puzzling me is, how will this modem give out an IP to my PC  as it's just a modem