Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Provide on New BT Line?

SparckZero
Grafter

Simultaneous Provide on New BT Line?

Hi all,
My parents will shortly be moving into a new house. They have not yet placed an order with BT for a PSTN line, and I'll be intending to get them set up on PN Value.
It'd make things easier for them if the PSTN and ADSL went active at the same time - I'm certain I remember reading somewhere that it was possible to do a simultaneous provide order on a new PSTN line, but I can't find the information for the life of me.
Could someone confirm if it is indeed possible to do a simultaneous provide order on a new PSTN line, and the best way to go about doing it? Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Simultaneous Provide on New BT Line?

You might find this guide http://usergroup.plus.net/simprovideorders.php useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SparckZero
Grafter

Thanks MisterW! Helpful information indeed.
From memory, the Plusnet online sign-up journey doesn't allow you to enter a simultaneous provide reference number. Would it be best to just place the order online as normal and then call Plusnet with the reference number? Or can the whole order be placed over the phone? I only ask because I'm guessing that if signup is carried out online, the whole order process with BT is automated...
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I think you need to do it by phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

You can do both really.
By ticket is probably easiest - just add a ticket reply giving us the Sim reference.
It may help to PM me afterwards to let me know so I can get it checked out for you.