cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple query

kenrichy

Simple query

Hi
I am due to switch to PlusNet phone and fibre in a couple of days.
I know that the engineer will change the faceplate on the master socket but I currently have the phone wired into the master socket rather than plugged in. This wiring then runs upstairs to the main phone.
Will the engineer disconnect these wires or will they be left in place, which is what I prefer.
Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Simple query

Hi there,
The installation shouldn't cause any issues for the wired extension, however I'd strongly advise making sure the engineer is fully aware of that when they visit.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
snailspace171
Grafter

Hi basically you have a second extension socket, which is wired directly into your master socket faceplate.
This is exactly the same as my setup.
I had fibre optic installed yesterday, and I can confirm that the man did reconnect my extension socket, the same as it was initially.
Even if he doesn't, its very simple to do yourself. (And you are allowed to)  You will just need an IDC insertion tool. (Available on eBay)
kenrichy

Thanks for the fast responses and I have an insertion tool 'somewhere' in the shed!