cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to Fibre but no Engineer date choice

JagoTom

Signed up to Fibre but no Engineer date choice

Hi guys
I signed up to Fibre unlimited on the 22/7/13 having previously been with Be. Everything seemed to go through smoothly however it wasn't until it completed the order I noticed I hadn't been given a choice of Engineer dates.
If I go to the member centre it informs me that I will receive an email when my account is ready to use and underneath, an engineer will attend on my chosen date (which is blank).
Now it may be nothing to worry about, but I'd like the migration to go as smoothly as possible ( dont we all), so I've come on here to ask if this has happened to anyone else and do you get informed before an engineer arrives.
Obviously I need to arrange time off work etc.
Many thanks
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Signed up to Fibre but no Engineer date choice

Hi there,
Were you on Fibre with Be? If so the appointment won't matter as the engineer won't need to attend (though the order will still complete on the date the engineer visit is booked if I remember correctly).
Looks like the appointment is booked for the morning of the 7th so it'll happen then either way, hope that helps.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Did Be do fibre - the only Fibre link on there website is to Sky Fibre
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm. I thought they did, briefly, start reselling BT Fibre before the buyout was announced - but could be completely wrong on that 😕
JagoTom

Thanks for the replies.
No Matt I was on adsl with Be, so I will require the engineer to change over the faceplate etc.
Are you saying the engineer is due the 7th? If so am pm? It was all a bit strange not being able to choose a date.
Edit. Just noticed you said morning of the 7th.
Do you know why I wasn't able to pick a date ?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Matt
but could be completely wrong on that 😕

You are, The most they did was some VERY limited trials.  Wink
(back in 2010/2011 in Muswell Hill I believe)
And surely you can't have missed the significant number of ex-Be customers coming to PN precisely because you offer FTTC.  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Are you saying the engineer is due the 7th? If so am pm?

Hi there,
Yes the engineer visit has been booked for the 7th between 08:00 and 13:00 I hope you can be available and that it isn't inconvenient.
Apologies that you weren't offered dates at signup, you should have been, I can only imagine there was an issue linking to our suppliers live appointing system at the time you signed up to us.
Just let us know if there's any issues outstanding.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team