cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal dropping out

lisab

Signal dropping out

I've had Plusnet broadband for a little over 4 years and in the beginning i couldnt praise them enough!! but lately ive been thinkin of changin providers as my signal keeps dropping out. I've done the resets on the router time and time again and raised connection problem tickets but ive had no reply whatsoever about it. Has anyone else had these sort of problems? It wouldnt bother me if it was only a few times it had done it but sometimes im lucky if i get an hour online before it drops again and it's sometimes off for nearly an hour with my ipad telling me its unable to connect so i try my laptop only to be told it cant detect the signal either.
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Signal dropping out

Have a listen to your phone line. Can you hear any crackling or other noises when using the phone? Do you have any problems making or receiving calls? If so, you could have a line problem and this will affect your broadband.
As for lack of ticket response, a Plusnet rep will have to look into that.
lisab

I've had no problems with my phone line at all so it couldnt be that. Thanks for replying  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi lisab,
Sorry to hear your having signal issues, I've had a look at your connection and it does at appear to be very stable from our records. Is it a wireless issues that you are using? It is possible that your wireless connection is dropping out.
If your router is losing connection to the exchange(so not a wireless issue), do you notice your lights on your router doing anything different to normal?
I'd say it does appear to be a wireless issue, there may be something causing the wireless signal to drop, a usual fix for this is changing the wireless channel. This would require you to log-in to your router interface and change the wireless channel (you will need a connection to the router to do this, either wireless or with a ethernet cable). Follow these <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson_wireless.shtml/">steps</a>, also to make sure that your router is ideally positioned and to rule out other devices interfering then also look at <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml/">this</a>.
Hopefully this will solve it for you, if not then post back and I'll have a further look.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I also wanted to mention that I had a look at when you raised your tickets for this, I can see it was raised in April, The broadband trouble shooter was raised online, but was not fully completed, so this resulted in the ticket/fault closing after 14 days. So hence no response.
Try the steps I mentioned and hopefully that will sort it, either way we will get it sorted.
Chris