Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't they all be at the Pub???

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Shouldn't they all be at the Pub???

Hi,
Would have thought with it being Christmas eve everyone would be down at the Pub - and those saddos (like me) sitting in the house browsing the net would at least get a decent turn of speed...
BUT for a while this evening downloads have been pathetically slow yet the speed tester shows my download speed as being just over 3000 kbps and upload speed as 381 kbps.
Now one odd thing I noticed is that between 6 and 6.30 my snr margin was jumping up and down by about 2 dB.  Normally it varies about half a dB.
I had 'reset' my snr margin using DMT and realistically it was too low (3 - 4 dB) and sure enough the router resynced - obviously to a slower speed but now the snr margin is 8dB - and speeds 'appear' better...
So probably the slow speed was 'cos of the poor snr margin - should have checked the router errors I suppose.
The 2 dB variations leave me thinking though - maybe all the Christmas Trees and fairy lights Huh
Perhaps I should get a life and go down to the Pub myself.
Have a nice Christmas, may your snr margins be high and all your downloads be fast and may that old bearded guy bring you all you wish for!!!
John
2 REPLIES 2
randpwar
Grafter

Re: Shouldn't they all be at the Pub???

I guess it’s everybody following Santa’s progress at NORAD; Kazakhstan currently
Oh, and yes, it's time you were down the pub!
http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html
Merry Xmas to all at Plusnet
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Shouldn't they all be at the Pub???

I had no end of trouble getting the Space station video to load, did eventually.
The space station should be visible tomorrow morning Xmas day at about 720  see http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/region.cgi?country=United_Kingdom&region=Engla... for details