cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we expect a cost increase going from 40mb to 80mb?

rivageeza

Should we expect a cost increase going from 40mb to 80mb?

Just wondered because if the limit remains at 120gb per month on the extra package, surely it shouldn't matter if I use it up fast on the 80mb package as opposed to at 40mb, I'm still using exactly the same usage?
I guess the only thing that would warrant an increase in cost is that we could download more between midnight and 8am.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Should we expect a cost increase going from 40mb to 80mb?

If and what will happen are yet to be decided. This is all part of the reason we are running trial on this.
Things to bear in mind though is that the wholesale cost to our suppliers increases for the rental of this service, which is only one portion of the cost.
We have to design and build our network around a number of factors which help calculate average kbps and monthly usage figures. As a result, the average cost of service these speeds increase too, something that has to factor into any calculations of price we make.
So yes, using the same amount per month may seem that the price would be the same, but the fact you can do it in half the time also means factors such as the burst rate goes up.
rivageeza

Re: Should we expect a cost increase going from 40mb to 80mb?

Many thanks for explaining.
Chris