cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my speed be faster?

BLINDPEW
Grafter

Should my speed be faster?

Should my speed be faster than 8.4 with the following readings. I thought it should be 9.
Link Information
Uptime:
5 days, 6:05:31
DSL Type:
G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
444 / 10,226

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Should my speed be faster?

Have a look here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm#IP_and_bRAS_profiles
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
x47c
Grafter

I usually work on telling people that the max practical they will get is around 83% of the sync speed.
I did myself once get 86% - early Sunday morning deliberately tested at this time to try and find the true maximum.
You won't actually achieve the IP profile setting as a download speed in actual practice
(stands by for poster to pop up saying they can manage it in the flat above the exchange!)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a flat above the exchange, but I do occasionally get 99.75% speed !
More usually 86.25% daily (17.25mb/s)
I always run the speed test twice, it often gives a higher speed on the second reading.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: x47c

(stands by for poster to pop up saying they can manage it in the flat above the exchange!)

I am only 466 metres from the Exchange ........ I can never move !
BLINDPEW
Grafter

I was going on what it says on the site you asked me to look at. As it says on the site I should be getting 9mb on my profile not 8mb or has stated on my plusnet members page 8.4mb.
Apprentice
Grafter

@ BLINDPEW,
[color=navy]If you can get around 89% of an IP profile be happy (20CN ..... not sure about 21CN)  Smiley
x47c
Grafter

I think I have now understood the OP question.
Rather than raising a issue about the actual achieved real life download speed.....
They are raising a question as to why their IP profile on the plusnet member page is 8.4Mbps rather than the 9.0Mbps they would expect from their sync speed of 10K.
They are on 21CN
So as I understand it (I'm not on 21CN so am not sure of my ground!) the IP profile is mean't to be set to 88% of the sync speed with immediate effect.
So the question is actually about the much discussed issue here of 21CN IP profiles not updating.......
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@BLINDPEW
Yes your Plusnet Current line speed setting in the Member Centre should be 9.0Mbps. I suggest posted details in this *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should? topic to facilitate Jojo picking it up.
David
David
SidSnot66
Dabbler

Are you SERIOUSLY concerned about your result????? Try using my connection, im positive its the same equipment that was installed when Alexander Graham Bell invented the telelphone.........
BLINDPEW
Grafter

Thanks I'm now getting 9mb.