cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my order be taking this long (BT Infinity to Plusnet Fibre)

gascan

Should my order be taking this long (BT Infinity to Plusnet Fibre)

Hello all,
I ordered plusnet fibre on the 26/11/13.  I am currently on BTinfinity but ended my contract and chose to migrate due to the price rises.  I've not had any updates since signing up and today I found a link on plusnet's site where you can track your order.  The status says it's checking my line.  I don't know how the process works but it seems to me that I should be at the point where my order's been placed at least. 
Is this unusual?
12 REPLIES 12
tharweb
Hooked

Re: Should my order be taking this long (BT Infinity to Plusnet Fibre)

I'd give them a ring. Mine was the same, so I rang and they said the order had got "stuck". Following the call, the order progressed and I was given an installation date.
CS will probably have to contact the provisioning team who are only available office hours Monday to Friday IIRC. Connection should be 5-7 days following confirmation the order has progressed.
gascan

Thanks for replying.  I'll call them tomorrow.
chrcoluk
Grafter

I had the same problem, seems a glitch in their ordering process, strangely enough when I googled the issue all previous hits were infinity customers.
you defenitly best ringing else I think it will just sit there forever or maybe matt/chris may fix it if they see on here.
Inam
Grafter

47 days and still counting  Sad , thought it was simple procedure to move from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre.
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No idea about your migration but https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=adsl_status shows mine as checking line too. I've had at least two if not three communications from PN confirming my install date and as I'm moving fom cable I have no line to check anyway. I'm assuming that this part of the website isn't working. Actually I've spent a bit of time looking through the website and there are rather a lot of things don't work which is rather disconcerting - I'm hoping the product and service are better than the website.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I've been in this situation but vice versa - Plusnet FTTC to BT infinity.
I ordered on the end of August.  I was told I had to  go back to BT ADSL (which was fine) that happened sometime mid september.
It then took a few weeks for the infinity order to complete - completed towards late October.
No engineer was acquired for me as I just needed works at the cabinet (jumping me back to fibre)
I wish I stayed with Plusnet at the time all the hassle was going on, but it was totally worth it.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
gascan

Just spoken to CS.  There was a problem with my direct debit which was causing the delay.  It's now been sorted, the order's been put through and someone should hopefully be ringing me today to let me know when my switch over date will be.  Sounds peachy.  I'm expecting more snags.
gascan

Had an email with a link to a questions page (looks like a support ticket section).  The questions are logs of what's been going on with my order.  Since phoning it's had quite a few new entries.  They reference ADSL a lot - is that just a generic term they're using for broadband or are they actually planning to plop me onto adsl from my lovely fibre connection? Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gascan
Sorry to hear about the issues with your order. Sorry for any confusion too, it's definitely fibre and not ADSL, I've also dropped you a reply to ticket 78526520 about that.
@inam
Your order is progressing fine for the 19th.
@digitalham
I've checked and can't see any issues with your order TBH. Details about the installation have been added to ticket  78038769 for you, any questions just let me know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gascan

Thanks for clearing that up Adam Smiley
gascan

Just to update, I've been connected today.  Silly me forgot to put my password in on the router (BT infinity never needed one iirc, so I assumed the same for Plusnet) and thought my downtime was rather long.  Phoned CS and got it sorted straight away. 
So far browsing feels snappier than with BT.  I've done a speed test and my upload speed is markedly better than before (I used to get 13mbps now I get 17.5mbps.  My download speed could do with improving.  On sign up it was estimated at 60mbps but I'm getting 53mbps.  Not sure what's going on there.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: gascan
So far browsing feels snappier than with BT.  I've done a speed test and my upload speed is markedly better than before (I used to get 13mbps now I get 17.5mbps.  My download speed could do with improving.  On sign up it was estimated at 60mbps but I'm getting 53mbps.  Not sure what's going on there.

Nice to see you up and running.  I've just done a check and you are syncing at  ~56.0 Mbps.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager