cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade broadband service? Confused about new products

JamesSurrey

Should I upgrade broadband service? Confused about new products

Hello there.  I was just wondering if I anybody could help my confusion.
I currently have the £15 per month Broadband Plus (I think it is) product and the Home Phone + product - again £15 p/m.  Now If I where to upgrade the broadband to Broadband your way option 2, would I be getting more for the same amount of money (looks to me i get twice the usage and more web space)  or are there any aspects of this product that I get less of compared to the old Broadband + package, dose anyone know?
I take it I would not be able to switch back to broadband + as its a legacy product so just thought it wise to ask if anyone knows what the pros and cons are to switching as I'm I have been very happy with broadband plus for the past year that I have been a PN customer but the extra usage allowance and web space of the new product would be nice too as long as there's no nasty surprises.  Though i'm sure there isn't its probably just me being dumb and confused lol  Grin

Thanks.  Cool
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: Should I upgrade broadband service? Confused about new products

Hi there,
On BBYW Opt 2 you do get twice as much usage, however this is counted between 8am and midnight, as opposed to 4pm and midnight on Plus.
You get free overnight usage on BBYW, so anything you download between midnight and 8am is not counted.
BBYW also offers better speeds on P2P/Usenet, so if you use these you'll definitely see an advantage when changing. You can compare the two packages here.
James
Grafter

James,
I'll be happy to move you back to Broadband Plus should you decide in the first month that BBYW is not for you.
JamesSurrey

Hi there guys thanks for the speedy reply and for clearing that up for me!
hmm, I don't use Usenet or peer to peer and do like the off peak period being from midnight until 4pm as I am at home during the day a lot.  I think I might stick with what I have for the time being after all.  However, I'm guessing that I would get better speeds with the BBC I player with BBYW so might be tempted to switch at some point.  The 8GB peak limit should be ok for me but I think I will do some monitoring of my own usages habits first because like I say I'm very happy with the generous off peak period with Broadband Plus.
Cheers for the help and the offer of switching me back if I don't like BBYW as much.  Might take you up on that next billing period.  I'm really Impressed with Plus Net's customer service too, Nice one!
Thanks
atbs1
Grafter

Hi James,
For my happort o' tar: I'm on broadband plus and do not wish to change to BBYW as the download peak times are onerous to me.
Mand: I regret that I consider +net to be encouraging non-green products in as much that you are encouraging downloads after midnight to 0800 - probably the user is leaving their pc on overnight! Therfore more electricity is being consumed and the parts in a pc wear our earlier.  Please refer to the PcPro switch it off campaign to see what effects I suspect +net is generating.
Our pc's go off at 1900 now (they used to be on 24/7) as backups have been re-scheduled much earlier.