cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Upgrade to Your Way?

BatCat

Should I Upgrade to Your Way?

Hello,
I've been using plusnet broadband since 2002 on the Premier Option 1 package.  I've never had any issues with the capacity of this package, but this month exceeded 10GB peak time download and received an email alerting me to this fact - even though the peak time acceptable use limit is 20GB on my package (I think).  The email also suggested I upgrade to the Broadband Your Way product.  I've looked at the Broadband Your Way package options and I can't see any benefit in me upgrading - other than maybe saving a couple of quid by going for the 20GB per month option.
Can anybody explain how Your Way is better than Premier Option 1 please?
Cheers,
David
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Should I Upgrade to Your Way?

The only advantage is that you can use the whole of the allowance without special throttling but with Premier the speeds start being restricted at 13GB and it gets progressively slower up to the advertised limit.  http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_premier1.shtml
craig_p
Grafter

:)hi
im also on prem op 1 and had a look at the new options but  find the peak time 4 pm to midnight much better than BBYW 8 am to midnight.  i do any large downloads eg p2p ect, after 12 am so they dont eat into my peak allowance.
i find it works for me and i have two teenages using the connection plus x box live
"if it aint broke, dont fix it"
  Grin
BatCat

Hmmm.... 
I thought I must have missed something since the offer was described as an "upgrade", losing 50% of the un-metered off peak hours and only saving 10% on the cost doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me.
  Huh  Huh  Huh
Spider
Grafter

The way traffic is managed has also changed. See here for more information.
James
Grafter

Hi BatCat,
It is entirely possible (and looking at your usage, probable) that changing to Broadband Your Way may not suit you.  We are not forcing you to change and if your current is serviing you fine then there should be no need to change.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I made the switch from Premier Option 1 to BBYW Option 3 a few months back.
I thought the loss of 8 hours off peak unmetered time might prove an obstacle but it hasn't.
I know it's only a saving of £2 per month but you won't get throttled at 13GB or whatever the figure is like you do on Option 1.
Kezzie
Dabbler

Quote from: BatCat
Hmmm.... 
doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me.
And me neither  ;D......
Quite happy where i am....on Premier Option 1 ......and have no intention changing!!  Smiley
(or leaving Plusnet)
BatCat

Thanks for the responses, it has confirmed what I thought, Probably just as well staying on the existing product for the time being as changing won't make that much difference to me.  I usually use less than 10GB a month, just had a couple of hungry new iPods in the family so that has caused a spike in my downloads this month...
Always worth reviewing the product vs usage periodically though.
Cheers,
David
briston
Aspiring Pro

I am on Premier 1 and decided not to change. the saveing would not be much and the loss of 'free' hours would hit my useage. Also, although there is some throttling which starts at 13G considering that I only get about 2M speeds max anyway where I live, I do not notice any difference.