Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Leave Before I've Joined?!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Should I Leave Before I've Joined?!

Give me 5 minutes and I'll go reply to any queries you've raised on the ticket and order your router. Normally we order this 2 working days before the line is due to go active.
Can someone explain how I am now able to ask questions I haven't asked.

We call the open tickets on your acount 'questions', the one you are referring to is with our provisioning team to ensure the order progresses correctly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

thats it ignore me again, what is it.. you only bother to reply to customers who are threatening to leave?  Undecided
Chris
Legend

Sorry about that Lee, I was responding to beefqueens enquiry as it was a thread they'd started and to be honest I hadn't noticed any questions in your post?
Let me go take a look at the tickets on your account and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

About 2 weeks ago I was asking about the list of games, and why a few of the games that I play arent on the list so I was told to send some wiresharks for them and I did, but I still havent had no reply. Although Im not even on Pro anymore, so I dont think that applies to me anymore.
The other ticket is about my sudden drop of connection speed which has reduced about half the speed I was getting, also my topic about it here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81175.0.html Bob posted in the topic, but didnt even say 1 word about my problem  Roll_eyes
beefqueen
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Give me 5 minutes and I'll go reply to any queries you've raised on the ticket and order your router. Normally we order this 2 working days before the line is due to go active.
Can someone explain how I am now able to ask questions I haven't asked.

We call the open tickets on your acount 'questions', the one you are referring to is with our provisioning team to ensure the order progresses correctly.

Hi Chris,
I've been told my equipment has been ordered but that was more than a day ago and it's still not been sent (according to the Order Tracker).  Can you tell me when it's going to be posted? 
Chris
Legend

I've had a chat with our hardware guru and he's let me know that this should be dispatched overnight tonight and be with you in the next couple of days. I'll check again in the morning and make sure it's been sent.
David_W
Rising Star

The thing is beefqueen, as you've no doubt noticed by now, PN has some *fantastic* staff members, like Chris and Mand (and others!) so if you ever run into a problem and you feel it isn't getting sorted with tickets, you can post in this forum and you'll either get it sorted or get an explanation as to whats up.  I'm not sure I can think of any other ISP that offers this level of community support.
So should you leave before you've joined?  Nope!  Sometimes things do go wrong, I'm sure the guys at PN will be the first to admit that they don't get it right 100% of the time, but when things do go wrong they try their hardest to put things right.
Chris
Legend

I'll check up on your hardware order this afternoon as it's not progressed as I expected overnight, I'll need to catch up with a colleague who isn't in until later today. I'll let you know as I have more info.
Chris
Legend

OK, your hardware order *is* progressing and should be with you in the next day or so (if it hasn't already arrived). We simply haven't received dispatch notification from the warehouse. We're chasing that up now.
beefqueen
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
OK, your hardware order *is* progressing and should be with you in the next day or so (if it hasn't already arrived). We simply haven't received dispatch notification from the warehouse. We're chasing that up now.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the update - I do appreciate the support and do agree that the fact that staff members check forums is much better than many other ISPs. 
Could you confirm that, if need be, you will courier the router to me if it hasn't yet been dispatched?  As I said before, given the delays there have been in getting the service up and running, it would be rather ironic if I don't have a router in order to use the service! 
Cheers,
'Beef'
Chris
Legend

Hi 'Beef',
Sorry I've just read over my previous reply and it wasn't clear, the router *has* already been dispatched, it left the warehouse this morning. If you haven't got it tomorrow let me know and I'll send one from here.
beefqueen
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help so far. 
Earlier on this thread a colleague said that my broadband should be active from 1 December, rather than 2 December as noted in the Order Tracker.  Just to check - the Order Tracker still says that my broadband hasn't been activated and I've had no email or text to tell me that my phone or broadband is now live.  Can you tell me what the current position is? 
Cheers,
'Beef'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The tracker is only updated when they get information back from BT when they will also let you know the ADSL is active. If Plusnet's system sees you attempting to connect it will activate the broadband account. So it's worth you trying two or three times a day to see if it has been activated - this way you can get going a day before you receive notification that the line is active.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

The homephone and broadband orders are showing that they are due to complete today, however this can be any time up until Midnight. Have you plugged your modem/router in and if so, what's the status of the DSL light on the front of the router?
beefqueen
Grafter

I was at boyfriend's last night so haven't been able to check status but have received email saying broadband is set up.  Hopefully it now is - I'll check tonight. 
Could spmeone from PN explain, though, why I'm now being told my phone line will take another ten days to set up? I ordered it almost a month ago and it seems to be taking the proverbial to not even start work on the order until the broadband was up and running!
Oh, and can someone also explan why you've told me you're taking money from my account when the first month is free (and you haven't even finished processing my order)?
Yours with a mixture of despair and disgust,
'Beef'